R.E.M. have completed work on their 15th studio album, the band has announced on their web site. The Georgia rockers put the finishing touches on the new disc in Nashville, after recording the bulk of it with producer Jacknife Lee at New Orleans' Music Shed and Berlin's Hansa Studios. "I will not report on the sound or the dimension of the recordings so far, to my ears it all sounds like quite a wonderful set of songs," R.E.M. manager Bertis Downs wrote in an update from the Berlin studio earlier this summer. R.E.M. say the album will be released in spring of next year.
R.E.M. Announce Spring Release for New Album
The follow-up to 2008's 'Accelerate' will be their 15th studio disc
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases
- Jason Hall: Why I Wrote 'American Sniper'
- Sundance 2015: Brett Morgen on Cobain, Courtney and 'Montage of Heck'
- ‘Ghostbusters' Reboot Sets All-Female Cast, Release Date
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- Is Aphex Twin Dropping Hours of Unreleased Music on SoundCloud?
- John Frusciante Preps 'Experimental' Electronic LP