Qulinez are having the time of their lives. Childhood pals Alexander Lager and Johannes Gustafsson were discovered by Swedish House Mafia's Steve Angello, who picked up his fellow Swedes for his label Size Records. Now, Qulinez have linked up with another big name name in electronic music – Steve Aoki and his label, Dim Mak – for their single "Drop It," and they're serving up a relentlessly intense mix around their new track. Sounds from the Bloody Beetroots, Carnage and Borgore, and Marin Solveig fly by, but the focus remains on "Drop It" and its interplay with a little bit of Daft Punk.
"Their sound is hard and heavy, just how we like it!" Aoki tells Rolling Stone. "This mix hits just as strongly as their live sets. When I listen to it, I feel like I'm right there with them."
"Drop It" will be out August 27th. Track listing for Qulinez's "Drop It" mix follows below.
1. The Bloody Beetroots, Tai and Bart B More - "Spank (Dyro Edit)"
2. Firebeatz and Chocolate Puma - "Sausage Fest (Original Mix)"
3. Martin Solveig - "Hey Now (Schoolboy Remix)"
4. Sultan and Ned Shepard vs. dBerrie vs. Bruno Mars – "Locked Malfunction (Bootleg)"
5. Feenixpawl and Jason Forte - "Together (Marco V Remix)"
6. Qulinez - "Drop It" with Daft Punk - "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Acapella)"
7. TJR - "What's Up Suckaz (Original Mix)"
8. Qulinez - "Archangel"
9. Carnage and Borgore - "Incredible (Original and Busted by heRobust)"
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
|New and Hot||
CULTURE 14 Gonzo Masterpieces
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus