The death toll at the Pukkelpop festival, which was struck by a sudden storm on Thursday that knocked down screens, tents and stages, has been cut to four from five, as originally reported.
Officials at the Belgian music festival had no explanation for the erroneously reported death, though Belgian media have suggested that a man who died in a local hospital was counted though he did not attend the concert.
In addition to the four people who were killed at the event, eight more were seriously injured and dozens more were wounded. The three-day event was canceled before any of the headliners – Eminem, Foo Fighters and the Offspring – could perform.
• At Least Three Dead in Belgian Stage Collapse
• Stage Collapse at Indiana State Fair Kills Five, Injures Dozens
• Indiana Stage Collapse Tragedy Was Preventable, Expert Says
• Video: Flaming Lips' Stage Collapses in Oklahoma
• Cheap Trick Survives Stage Collapse in Canada
• Cheap Trick Manager: 'I Can't Believe We're Alive'
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
MUSIC 9 Classic Devo Videos
OLYMPICS 18 Epic Opening Ceremonies
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus