To headline Saturday night of Coachella, Prince reportedly commanded a royal fee: $4.8 million. That's even more than what Middle Eastern countries give Michael Jackson to show up. "Prince was a late, late addition to the line-up," a source tells Perez Hilton. "The promoters added him to try and sell more tickets and make up for a less than stellar — in comparison to years past — roster of performers." The expensive acquisition paid off, as tickets for Saturday sold out less than twenty-four hours after the announcement. The Coachella performance will be the Purple Rain star's first visit to the nine-year-old event in Indio, California.
Prince's Reported Coachella Price: $4.8 Million
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Watch Paul McCartney Perform 'Get Back' With Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'