To headline Saturday night of Coachella, Prince reportedly commanded a royal fee: $4.8 million. That's even more than what Middle Eastern countries give Michael Jackson to show up. "Prince was a late, late addition to the line-up," a source tells Perez Hilton. "The promoters added him to try and sell more tickets and make up for a less than stellar — in comparison to years past — roster of performers." The expensive acquisition paid off, as tickets for Saturday sold out less than twenty-four hours after the announcement. The Coachella performance will be the Purple Rain star's first visit to the nine-year-old event in Indio, California.
Prince's Reported Coachella Price: $4.8 Million
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- How J.J. Abrams and Hulu Brought Stephen King's '11.22.63' to TV
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'