To headline Saturday night of Coachella, Prince reportedly commanded a royal fee: $4.8 million. That's even more than what Middle Eastern countries give Michael Jackson to show up. "Prince was a late, late addition to the line-up," a source tells Perez Hilton. "The promoters added him to try and sell more tickets and make up for a less than stellar — in comparison to years past — roster of performers." The expensive acquisition paid off, as tickets for Saturday sold out less than twenty-four hours after the announcement. The Coachella performance will be the Purple Rain star's first visit to the nine-year-old event in Indio, California.
Prince's Reported Coachella Price: $4.8 Million
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Blink-182's Tom DeLonge Defends Himself Against Bandmates' Accusations
- 'Fantastic Four' Prepare for Future in New Trailer
- 5 Ways the WWE Can Rescue Roman Reigns
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Watch Stevie Nicks Perform a Serene, Solo 'Blue Water'
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- Taylor Swift's Twitter, Instagram Hacked