To headline Saturday night of Coachella, Prince reportedly commanded a royal fee: $4.8 million. That's even more than what Middle Eastern countries give Michael Jackson to show up. "Prince was a late, late addition to the line-up," a source tells Perez Hilton. "The promoters added him to try and sell more tickets and make up for a less than stellar — in comparison to years past — roster of performers." The expensive acquisition paid off, as tickets for Saturday sold out less than twenty-four hours after the announcement. The Coachella performance will be the Purple Rain star's first visit to the nine-year-old event in Indio, California.
Prince's Reported Coachella Price: $4.8 Million
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- See August Burns Red's 'Ghosts' Video Featuring A Day to Remember Singer
- Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, the Weeknd Top AMA Nominations
- Go Behind the Scenes of Bob Dylan's 'Highway 61 Revisited' Album Cover
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny