The soul-baring "Please Forgive My Heart" is the first taste off The Bravest Man in the Universe, Bobby Womack's return to the studio after a long absence from solo recording. Coaxed into the project by co-producers Damon Albarn and XL Recordings label head Richard Russell, Womack explained the session’s songwriting process: "Damon would start playing the melody and I would write to it, then sing it." The soul icon and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee has worked with Albarn before, having added vocals to the Gorillaz album Plastic Beach. Womack has given the Albarn/Russell team full credit for his comeback. "When I got to the studio, they were ready for me," he said. "They believed in me more than I believed in myself.”
Please Forgive My Heart
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Poll: Against Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump Would Get 'Schlonged'
- What Would Actually Happen If We Broke Up the Banks?