The soul-baring "Please Forgive My Heart" is the first taste off The Bravest Man in the Universe, Bobby Womack's return to the studio after a long absence from solo recording. Coaxed into the project by co-producers Damon Albarn and XL Recordings label head Richard Russell, Womack explained the session’s songwriting process: "Damon would start playing the melody and I would write to it, then sing it." The soul icon and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee has worked with Albarn before, having added vocals to the Gorillaz album Plastic Beach. Womack has given the Albarn/Russell team full credit for his comeback. "When I got to the studio, they were ready for me," he said. "They believed in me more than I believed in myself.”
Please Forgive My Heart
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Shania Twain Las Vegas Concert Special to Air on ABC
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else