Pink Floyd will be the subject of their very own themed cruise, even though no actual Floyd members will board the ship. "The Great Gig in the Sea" (like Dark Side's "Great Gig in the Sky," but aquatic) is the brainchild of entertainment company Kiqstart Music and Think Floyd USA, which prides itself on being "the number one touring production of Pink Floyd in the country." The cover band supposedly opened for Roger Waters and received "personal acclaim" from David Gilmour, so that's enough cred to charter a Floyd cruise. The Carnival cruise ship will sail from the port of Miami to the Bahamas on May 1st, 2009. Over the course of the three-night ride, fans can expect special shows by Think Floyd USA each night, including a full performance of Dark Side of the Moon. There will also be Pink Floyd trivia, parties, games and "special guests." Cabin prices start at $379. If you're a Floyd fan, you'd be as crazy as Syd Barrett to miss it. Check out the details here.
Pink Floyd-Themed Cruise Set to Sail in 2009
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody
- Watch Metallica's 'The Night Before' Pre-Super Bowl Concert Live
- Watch Larry David and Bernie Sanders' Sinking Ship 'SNL' Sketch
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- Dan Hicks, Hot Licks Singer, Dead at 74