Pearl Jam, My Morning Jacket, R.E.M. and Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor have all signed a petition asking both Barack Obama and John McCain to have a presidential debate in the flood-ravaged city of New Orleans. Organized by the Gulf Restoration Network and Voice of the Wetlands, the petition asks the candidates to come to the Big Easy to discuss how the government plans to use federal money to restore Louisiana's coastal security and stabilize the state's communities. Google, YouTube and New Orleans universities are co-sponsoring the debate, scheduled for September 18th, and ask both candidates to commit the attend the event. Artists like 311, Jackson Browne and a host of N'Awlins-based musicians like Dr. John and the Neville Brothers have also signed the petition, which was then sent to Obama and McCain via the U.S. Senate. So far, neither has responded.
Pearl Jam, NIN, R.E.M. Sign New Orleans Presidential Debate Petition
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- The Line That May Have Won Hillary Clinton the Nomination
- Watch David Gilmour Seamlessly Blend 'Comfortably Numb,' 'Purple Rain'
- Drake's 'Views': Everything You Need to Know
- Investigators: Prince in Possession of Painkillers at Time of Death
- Lenny Kravitz on Prince: 'I Feel Like a Piece of Me Died'
- Beyonce's 'Lemonade': Everything You Need to Know About Video Album
- Hear Rivers Cuomo's Upbeat Song From New Monkees Album
- Watch Prince's Complete Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Performance