When Paul Simon began writing songs for his upcoming album So Beautiful Or So What he decided it was time to return to the basics. "I didn't want to begin the process of making an album with a rhythmic premise — which is how I've been making albums ever since Graceland," he says in the exclusive video above. "I'm going to do the same thing that I've been trying to avoid for twenty some years, which is to sit in a room with guitars and write songs." The album hits stores on April 12th. To read more about Simon's plans, including the future of Simon & Garfunkel and what rare tracks he wants to dig out on his upcoming solo tour, check out our recent feature on Simon.
Paul Simon Gets Back to Basics On New Disc
'I'm going to do the thing I've been avoiding for twenty years,' says Simon. 'Sit in a room with guitars and write songs.'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Men's Journal10 Things You See in Porn that Don't Happen in Real Life
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Watch Erykah Badu Scold Audience, Sing 'Phone Down' at Soul Train Awards
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Eagles of Death Metal Detail Horrific Paris Attack, Offer Support
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Tool’s Adam Jones on 2016 Tour, Album Progress, 'Amazing' New Song
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'