When Paul Simon began writing songs for his upcoming album So Beautiful Or So What he decided it was time to return to the basics. "I didn't want to begin the process of making an album with a rhythmic premise — which is how I've been making albums ever since Graceland," he says in the exclusive video above. "I'm going to do the same thing that I've been trying to avoid for twenty some years, which is to sit in a room with guitars and write songs." The album hits stores on April 12th. To read more about Simon's plans, including the future of Simon & Garfunkel and what rare tracks he wants to dig out on his upcoming solo tour, check out our recent feature on Simon.
Paul Simon Gets Back to Basics On New Disc
'I'm going to do the thing I've been avoiding for twenty years,' says Simon. 'Sit in a room with guitars and write songs.'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Children of ISIS
- Hear Brad Paisley 'Crush It' on Eric Clapton's 'Layla'
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Coachella, Lollapalooza Festivals Ban Selfie Sticks
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download