When Paul Simon began writing songs for his upcoming album So Beautiful Or So What he decided it was time to return to the basics. "I didn't want to begin the process of making an album with a rhythmic premise — which is how I've been making albums ever since Graceland," he says in the exclusive video above. "I'm going to do the same thing that I've been trying to avoid for twenty some years, which is to sit in a room with guitars and write songs." The album hits stores on April 12th. To read more about Simon's plans, including the future of Simon & Garfunkel and what rare tracks he wants to dig out on his upcoming solo tour, check out our recent feature on Simon.
Paul Simon Gets Back to Basics On New Disc
'I'm going to do the thing I've been avoiding for twenty years,' says Simon. 'Sit in a room with guitars and write songs.'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Don't #Beliebe the Hype: Inside Justin Bieber's Roast
- Scott Weiland's Guitarist Jeremy Brown Dead at 34