When Paul Simon began writing songs for his upcoming album So Beautiful Or So What he decided it was time to return to the basics. "I didn't want to begin the process of making an album with a rhythmic premise — which is how I've been making albums ever since Graceland," he says in the exclusive video above. "I'm going to do the same thing that I've been trying to avoid for twenty some years, which is to sit in a room with guitars and write songs." The album hits stores on April 12th. To read more about Simon's plans, including the future of Simon & Garfunkel and what rare tracks he wants to dig out on his upcoming solo tour, check out our recent feature on Simon.
Paul Simon Gets Back to Basics On New Disc
'I'm going to do the thing I've been avoiding for twenty years,' says Simon. 'Sit in a room with guitars and write songs.'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Watch U2 Play Super Rarity 'In God's Country' With Fan On Guitar
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Turn Down 'Fuller House'
- End Game: TV's Best and Worst Series Finales
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical