When Paul Simon began writing songs for his upcoming album So Beautiful Or So What he decided it was time to return to the basics. "I didn't want to begin the process of making an album with a rhythmic premise — which is how I've been making albums ever since Graceland," he says in the exclusive video above. "I'm going to do the same thing that I've been trying to avoid for twenty some years, which is to sit in a room with guitars and write songs." The album hits stores on April 12th. To read more about Simon's plans, including the future of Simon & Garfunkel and what rare tracks he wants to dig out on his upcoming solo tour, check out our recent feature on Simon.
Paul Simon Gets Back to Basics On New Disc
'I'm going to do the thing I've been avoiding for twenty years,' says Simon. 'Sit in a room with guitars and write songs.'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill, Brings Out Kanye, Pharrell at OVO Festival Set
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Are Divorcing
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015