The divorce saga between Paul McCartney and his estranged wife Heather Mills has finally come to an end, with Mills receiving £24.3 million, or $48.7 million. Mills originally sought $250 million of Macca's supposed $1.6 billion fortune, but the judge in the case ruled the McCartney's total assets were only worth $800 million. In addition to today's ruling, McCartney will also have to pay $70,000 a year in alimony for the couple's four-year-old daughter, as well as school and nanny fees. "I'm so glad it's over," said Mills. "It was an incredible result in the end to secure mine and my daughter's future and that of all the charities that I obviously plan on helping and making a difference with — because you know it has been my life for twenty years." Thankfully for McCartney, he reportedly has a $400 million deal in place with Apple and iTunes to release the Beatles catalog digitally, which will help lessen the post-Mills wallet hit.
Paul McCartney Divorce Settlement: $48.7 Million
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Offers First Look at the Vision
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three