The divorce saga between Paul McCartney and his estranged wife Heather Mills has finally come to an end, with Mills receiving £24.3 million, or $48.7 million. Mills originally sought $250 million of Macca's supposed $1.6 billion fortune, but the judge in the case ruled the McCartney's total assets were only worth $800 million. In addition to today's ruling, McCartney will also have to pay $70,000 a year in alimony for the couple's four-year-old daughter, as well as school and nanny fees. "I'm so glad it's over," said Mills. "It was an incredible result in the end to secure mine and my daughter's future and that of all the charities that I obviously plan on helping and making a difference with — because you know it has been my life for twenty years." Thankfully for McCartney, he reportedly has a $400 million deal in place with Apple and iTunes to release the Beatles catalog digitally, which will help lessen the post-Mills wallet hit.
Paul McCartney Divorce Settlement: $48.7 Million
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'True Detective' Recap: Burning Down the House
- Jimmy Carter: U.S. Is an 'Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery'
- Foo Fighters Promise to Visit Italian Town After Viral Video
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery