The divorce saga between Paul McCartney and his estranged wife Heather Mills has finally come to an end, with Mills receiving £24.3 million, or $48.7 million. Mills originally sought $250 million of Macca's supposed $1.6 billion fortune, but the judge in the case ruled the McCartney's total assets were only worth $800 million. In addition to today's ruling, McCartney will also have to pay $70,000 a year in alimony for the couple's four-year-old daughter, as well as school and nanny fees. "I'm so glad it's over," said Mills. "It was an incredible result in the end to secure mine and my daughter's future and that of all the charities that I obviously plan on helping and making a difference with — because you know it has been my life for twenty years." Thankfully for McCartney, he reportedly has a $400 million deal in place with Apple and iTunes to release the Beatles catalog digitally, which will help lessen the post-Mills wallet hit.
Paul McCartney Divorce Settlement: $48.7 Million
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldTop 10 Greatest Rock and Roll Song Endings of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Watch Adele, Fallon, Roots Sing 'Hello' With Classroom Instruments
- Watch Captain America Fight Iron Man in First 'Civil War' Trailer
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- UFC's Conor McGregor: 'Donald Trump Can Shut His Big Mouth'
- 10 Things We Learned From Carly Simon's Revealing New Memoir