The divorce saga between Paul McCartney and his estranged wife Heather Mills has finally come to an end, with Mills receiving £24.3 million, or $48.7 million. Mills originally sought $250 million of Macca's supposed $1.6 billion fortune, but the judge in the case ruled the McCartney's total assets were only worth $800 million. In addition to today's ruling, McCartney will also have to pay $70,000 a year in alimony for the couple's four-year-old daughter, as well as school and nanny fees. "I'm so glad it's over," said Mills. "It was an incredible result in the end to secure mine and my daughter's future and that of all the charities that I obviously plan on helping and making a difference with — because you know it has been my life for twenty years." Thankfully for McCartney, he reportedly has a $400 million deal in place with Apple and iTunes to release the Beatles catalog digitally, which will help lessen the post-Mills wallet hit.
Paul McCartney Divorce Settlement: $48.7 Million
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- Bill Cosby Rape Accusers Speak Out: 'The Public's Mind Will Be Blown'
- Andy Samberg on '7 Days in Hell,' Mockumentaries and Threeways
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies
- Buddy Guy on the Rolling Stones: 'They Were So Damn Wild'
- Watch Dave Grohl Cover Neil Young With Pearl Jam, Blind Melon Members
- Watch U2 Perform 'Desire' With Local Tribute Act