“Over” was the lead single from Drake’s debut album, the platinum-certified Thank Me Later. The song, built upon a swelling sample of swirling guitars and strings, found the Canadian teen actor turned hip-hop star rapping about how dramatically success has changed his life, along with the pressures and temptations of fame, including women and partying (a frequent topic for the rapper). “You’re wondering if I’m a raging alcoholic?” he asked Rolling Stone, referring to the lyrics of “Over.” “I think it’s about the blur of life and work. I live for the nights when we just have fun, and wake up in the morning and say, ‘What just happened?’”
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Tim McGraw's Sandy Hook Show Sparks Controversy, Billy Currington Bails
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig
- Watch John Krasinski Nail N'Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye' on 'Lip Sync Battle'