The family of Notorious B.I.G.'s case against the City of Los Angeles seems to be imploding, the Los Angeles Times reports. Waymond Anderson, a convict and former R&B artist whose testimony against the Los Angeles Police Department is an integral part of the Smalls family's wrongful death lawsuit against the city, is now claiming that he made his statements up as part of a money-seeking scam involving two other inmates. Anderson also claims that Smalls' family lawyers offered to pay him for his testimony. According to Anderson, he was offered a percentage of any settlement recouped from the city if he testified that former LAPD officer Rafael Perez told him that another former officer, David Mack, had something to do with Smalls' murder. Anderson is now saying testimony he gave describing conversations with both men was perjured. "I don't know David Mack, I don't know Rafael Perez," Anderson said. The two officers "had no involvement with the ... murder," he added in a new deposition given August 20th. "It was a lie, and I'm ashamed of it -- I did what I had to do to survive." The Smalls family lawyer, Perry R. Sanders Jr., called Anderson's allegations "100 percent, demonstrably false," and added, "This is wholesale, made-up-out-of-whole-cloth perjury."
Notorious B.I.G. Civil Case in Jeopardy as Key Witness Recants Testimony
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Why Hiring Trevor Noah to Host 'The Daily Show' Is a Great Idea
- Why Trevor Noah Is a Great Choice to Host 'The Daily Show'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Inside Scientology
- Jay Z, Kanye, Rihanna Throw Support Behind Streaming Service Tidal
- IHeartRadio Music Awards 2015's 10 Best and Worst Moments
- Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard Trade Hits at Historic South Texas Shows
- Ringside at 'WrestleMania': We Bought In, for Better or Worse