UPDATE: Dinosaur Jr., Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Fishbone are among the bands performing full albums at the fest. See the full list below.
Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age and an exclusive reunion of punk giants Jawbreaker will lead this year's Chicago faction of Riot Fest, which sweeps into the Windy City's Douglas Park from September 15th to 17th.
Wu-Tang Clan, M.I.A., New Order, Paramore, Prophets of Rage, TV on the Radio and over 70 more artists have been tabbed for the annual three-day fest, with 25 more artists slated to be added in May.
The Chicago Riot Fest will also boast a DJ set courtesy of Beastie Boys' Mike D as well as an exclusive 40th anniversary set from punk legends Bad Brains. On Thursday, organizers will announce who will partake in the fest's tradition of having artists perform their seminal albums in their entirety.
Other artists slated to perform include Dinosaur Jr., Built to Spill, X, Death From Above 1979, FIDLAR, Fishbone, A Day to Remember, Liars, GWAR, Taking Back Sunday, Vic Mensa, Ministry and reunited Nineties alt-rockers That Dog.
A year after locking down the unexpected, seemingly impossible Misfits reunion, the festival has managed to bring Jawbreaker back together after a two-decade-long breakup; the trio last performed together in 1996.
Riot Fest is just the third concert Nine Inch Nails have announced this year, following July gigs at Los Angeles' FYF Fest and New York's Panorama.
Tickets for this year's Riot Fest go on sale Wednesday at noon Central time.
On Thursday, the festival announced the first eight of 10 bands to perform their respective albums all the way through.
1. Dinosaur Jr. – You’re Living All Over Me (1987-30th Anniversary)
2. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones – Let’s Face It (1997-20th Anniversary)
3. Built To Spill – Keep It Like A Secret (1999)
4. Fishbone – Truth and Soul (1988-30th Anniversary)
5. Bayside – The Walking Wounded (2007-10th Anniversary)
6. Mayday Parade – A Lesson In Romantics (2007-10th Anniversary)
7. The Lawrence Arms – Oh, Calcutta! (2006)
8. that dog. — Retreat From The Sun (1997-20th Anniversary)