"I'm 61 years old now / Lord, I never thought I'd see 30," veteran songwriter Nick Lowe sings on "Checkout Time," a cut from his 13th studio album The Old Magic. The country-tinged tune finds Lowe pondering his mortality and figuring out what to do with the rest of his life before it's "checkout time." Lowe remains one of the sharpest lyricists in rock, with a talent for penning sharp, thoughtful lines that have a light, conversational tone. The Old Magic won't be in shops until September 13th, but you can preview the record by streaming "Checkout Time" now.
Nick Lowe Ponders His Mortality in 'Checkout Time'
Stream a song from the songwriter's forthcoming album 'The Old Magic'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Could Actually Win the Oscar for Best Picture
Bleacher ReportHow 'Pawn Stars' Landed a $100K Patriots Super Bowl Ring
Bleacher ReportSuper Bowl 2015 Doppelgangers
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastHow the 'Star Wars' Empire Was Built
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Watch Rihanna, Kanye and McCartney on 'FourFiveSeconds' Video Shoot
- Mad Season, Temple of the Dog Reunite at Overwhelming One-Off Show
- The Super Bowl Scammer: Dion Rich Is the Godfather of Gatecrashing
- Jack White Performs With Q-Tip at Sold-Out Madison Square Garden Gig
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Five Trailer: Snakes, Revenge, Beards
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge