New York Governor David Paterson issued a full pardon to embattled rapper Slick Rick today. The decision will go a long way to prevent the 43-year-old rapper (born Ricky Walters) from being deported to the United Kingdom. Rick, who is a legal resident alien, faced deportation due to a 1991 conviction on two counts of attempted murder and weapons possession. He still needs to win a battle in Federal Immigration Court, but the pardon from Paterson should give Rick some leverage. "Mr. Walters has fully served the sentence imposed upon him for his convictions, had an exemplary disciplinary record while in prison and on parole, and has been living without incident in the community for more than 10 years," said Governor Paterson. "I urge federal immigration officials to once again grant Mr. Walters relief from deportation."
New York Governor Grants Pardon to Embattled Rapper Slick Rick
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Tom DeLonge Leaves Blink-182
- Sam Smith on Tom Petty Settlement: 'Similarities' But 'Complete Coincidence'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Watch Garth Brooks Introduce Lee Brice for Surprise Duet
- WWE 'Royal Rumble' Recap: The Philadelphia Phuck You
- Sundance 2015: Intimate 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' Doc Stuns at Premiere
- Justin Moore Talks Unreleased Miranda Lambert Duet
- Michael Moore Responds to 'Haters' After 'American Sniper' Uproar