New York Governor David Paterson issued a full pardon to embattled rapper Slick Rick today. The decision will go a long way to prevent the 43-year-old rapper (born Ricky Walters) from being deported to the United Kingdom. Rick, who is a legal resident alien, faced deportation due to a 1991 conviction on two counts of attempted murder and weapons possession. He still needs to win a battle in Federal Immigration Court, but the pardon from Paterson should give Rick some leverage. "Mr. Walters has fully served the sentence imposed upon him for his convictions, had an exemplary disciplinary record while in prison and on parole, and has been living without incident in the community for more than 10 years," said Governor Paterson. "I urge federal immigration officials to once again grant Mr. Walters relief from deportation."
New York Governor Grants Pardon to Embattled Rapper Slick Rick
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- Jimmy Fallon Lists Pros and Cons of Watching 'Empire'
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Offers First Look at the Vision