New York Governor David Paterson issued a full pardon to embattled rapper Slick Rick today. The decision will go a long way to prevent the 43-year-old rapper (born Ricky Walters) from being deported to the United Kingdom. Rick, who is a legal resident alien, faced deportation due to a 1991 conviction on two counts of attempted murder and weapons possession. He still needs to win a battle in Federal Immigration Court, but the pardon from Paterson should give Rick some leverage. "Mr. Walters has fully served the sentence imposed upon him for his convictions, had an exemplary disciplinary record while in prison and on parole, and has been living without incident in the community for more than 10 years," said Governor Paterson. "I urge federal immigration officials to once again grant Mr. Walters relief from deportation."
New York Governor Grants Pardon to Embattled Rapper Slick Rick
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Alabama Shakes Bring New 'Sound & Color' Tracks to 'SNL'
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?