New York Governor David Paterson issued a full pardon to embattled rapper Slick Rick today. The decision will go a long way to prevent the 43-year-old rapper (born Ricky Walters) from being deported to the United Kingdom. Rick, who is a legal resident alien, faced deportation due to a 1991 conviction on two counts of attempted murder and weapons possession. He still needs to win a battle in Federal Immigration Court, but the pardon from Paterson should give Rick some leverage. "Mr. Walters has fully served the sentence imposed upon him for his convictions, had an exemplary disciplinary record while in prison and on parole, and has been living without incident in the community for more than 10 years," said Governor Paterson. "I urge federal immigration officials to once again grant Mr. Walters relief from deportation."
New York Governor Grants Pardon to Embattled Rapper Slick Rick
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Salon9 Actors Who Have Done Full-Frontal Nude Scenes
Cracked23 Bizarre Demands Celebrities Have Made Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
- Blink-182 Inch Toward 'Friendly Divorce' From Tom DeLonge
- Why Baltimore Blew Up
- Inside Julian Casablancas' Post-Apocalyptic New Video 'Human Sadness'
- My Favorite Grateful Dead Song: Dave Matthews, Black Keys and More
- Watch U2 Perform 'Sweetest Thing' With Bono Impersonator
- Florence Welch on Stripping Down at Coachella and Fooling Neil Young
- Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A
- Watch Tense Trailer for Sci-Fi Series 'Mr. Robot'