New York Governor David Paterson issued a full pardon to embattled rapper Slick Rick today. The decision will go a long way to prevent the 43-year-old rapper (born Ricky Walters) from being deported to the United Kingdom. Rick, who is a legal resident alien, faced deportation due to a 1991 conviction on two counts of attempted murder and weapons possession. He still needs to win a battle in Federal Immigration Court, but the pardon from Paterson should give Rick some leverage. "Mr. Walters has fully served the sentence imposed upon him for his convictions, had an exemplary disciplinary record while in prison and on parole, and has been living without incident in the community for more than 10 years," said Governor Paterson. "I urge federal immigration officials to once again grant Mr. Walters relief from deportation."
New York Governor Grants Pardon to Embattled Rapper Slick Rick
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Justin Bieber Threatens to Sue Over Nude Photos
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Meet the Right-Wing Rebels Who Overthrew John Boehner
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'