New York Governor David Paterson issued a full pardon to embattled rapper Slick Rick today. The decision will go a long way to prevent the 43-year-old rapper (born Ricky Walters) from being deported to the United Kingdom. Rick, who is a legal resident alien, faced deportation due to a 1991 conviction on two counts of attempted murder and weapons possession. He still needs to win a battle in Federal Immigration Court, but the pardon from Paterson should give Rick some leverage. "Mr. Walters has fully served the sentence imposed upon him for his convictions, had an exemplary disciplinary record while in prison and on parole, and has been living without incident in the community for more than 10 years," said Governor Paterson. "I urge federal immigration officials to once again grant Mr. Walters relief from deportation."
New York Governor Grants Pardon to Embattled Rapper Slick Rick
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Tom Brady Is Free, and Roger Goodell Is Screwed
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour 'The End'
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'