New York Governor David Paterson issued a full pardon to embattled rapper Slick Rick today. The decision will go a long way to prevent the 43-year-old rapper (born Ricky Walters) from being deported to the United Kingdom. Rick, who is a legal resident alien, faced deportation due to a 1991 conviction on two counts of attempted murder and weapons possession. He still needs to win a battle in Federal Immigration Court, but the pardon from Paterson should give Rick some leverage. "Mr. Walters has fully served the sentence imposed upon him for his convictions, had an exemplary disciplinary record while in prison and on parole, and has been living without incident in the community for more than 10 years," said Governor Paterson. "I urge federal immigration officials to once again grant Mr. Walters relief from deportation."
New York Governor Grants Pardon to Embattled Rapper Slick Rick
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Flea: Why I Support Bernie Sanders
- Watch Martin Scorsese Impersonate Robert De Niro on 'Fallon'
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- 25 Most Anticipated TV Shows of 2016
- Queen's 'Innuendo': Remembering Freddie Mercury's Last Masterpiece
- The Monkees Plot 50th Anniversary Tour, New LP 'Good Times!'
- 25 Best Coen Brother Characters