New York Governor David Paterson issued a full pardon to embattled rapper Slick Rick today. The decision will go a long way to prevent the 43-year-old rapper (born Ricky Walters) from being deported to the United Kingdom. Rick, who is a legal resident alien, faced deportation due to a 1991 conviction on two counts of attempted murder and weapons possession. He still needs to win a battle in Federal Immigration Court, but the pardon from Paterson should give Rick some leverage. "Mr. Walters has fully served the sentence imposed upon him for his convictions, had an exemplary disciplinary record while in prison and on parole, and has been living without incident in the community for more than 10 years," said Governor Paterson. "I urge federal immigration officials to once again grant Mr. Walters relief from deportation."
New York Governor Grants Pardon to Embattled Rapper Slick Rick
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best Van Halen Album?
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music