Neko Case and Nick Cave, two of the most charismatic and distinctive singers in rock, teamed up to record a groovy, sultry cover of the Zombies' tune "She's Not There" for True Blood. The song played over the end credits of the season premiere – also titled "She's Not There" – in which telepathic waitress/vampire magnet Sookie Stackhouse returned from a year-long visit with the faeries. Though it's great to hear Case and Cave side by side on the same track, it's even better that their collaboration – which you can stream now – is so perfectly attuned to the campy, sexy spirit of the show.
Related: 'True Blood' Recap: Let's Do the Time Warp
• The Season of the Witch: 'True Blood' Delves Into Magic and Past Lives in Season Four
• The Kinky Beasts of 'True Blood'
• Video: Deborah Ann Woll Reveals 'True Blood' Secrets at Sexy Photo Shoot
• 'True Blood': Key Moments of the First Three Seasons
• The Joy of Vampire Sex: The Schlocky, Sensual Secrets Behind the Success of 'True Blood'
• Peter Travers on the Best and Worst Vampires on Film and TV
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
POLITICS No Price Big Banks Can't Fix
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus