With the release of Evil Urges, My Morning Jacket's Jim James made the switch from a full beard to a mustache, inducting him into an exclusive club that features members like John Oates, Freddie Mercury, the Killers' Brandon Flowers and the Sgt. Pepper's-era Beatles. So it was only natural that the American Mustache Institute would want to interview James to discuss his new facial hair look. "I have always been a fan of the wisdom and power of the mustache," James said. "Having only a mustache is a feeling unlike any other. A feeling of deep pride and sophistication." James said his father (who "will always rock the 'stache till his dying day"), James Brown and his desire to look like "a top rate T-ball coach" were all inspirations for his new look. James even offers some grooming advice: "I feel every man looks best with his god-given facial hair, as long as it's not a beard with no mustache. The 'stache must be present at all times."
My Morning Jacket's Jim James Talks to Mustache Institute
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- Axl Rose Is Mad About Mayweather/Pacquiao, Demands 'Free-Match'
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Madonna Video Director to Helm Norwegian Black-Metal Movie
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man
- Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A
- Hear Jason Isbell's Nineties-Influenced New Single '24 Frames'