With a steady stream of rain coming down, My Morning Jacket hit the stage at Bonnaroo around midnight Friday night, and didn't make their final exit until after 4 a.m., 35 songs later. The Jacket played cuts from their hot new disc, Evil Urges — among them, "I'm Amazed," "Sec Walkin" and "Highly Suspicous" — and dipped into their catalog with "Gideon." Metallica's Kirk Hammett joined in for a blistering solo on "One Big Holiday," and the band also dipped in some funk classics like Kool & the Gang's "Get Down On It," James Brown's "Cold Sweat" and Funkadelic's "Hit It and Quit It." The thousands who soldiered on until the end, undaunted by rain, caught a magical performance of Mötley Crüe's "Home Sweet Home," featuring comedian/dancer Zach Galifianakis dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood.
My Morning Jacket Thrill With Epic Bonnaroo Set, Capped With Motley Crue Cover
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles
- How Scott Weiland Found His Third Act
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World