We know My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way likes comics. Luckily for Way, the director of Watchmen — the movie based on the Holy Grail of graphic novels — is a fan of My Chemical Romance. And everyone likes Bob Dylan. Thus, director Zack Snyder has recruited MCR to cover a Bob Dylan song for next year's Watchmen. The song will likely play over the end credits, with Snyder telling MTV "[MCR will perform] like a cover of 'Desolation Row,' or something like that." Earlier reports had MCR covering Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower." As the film takes place in the decades prior to 1985 and is adhering to the Forrest Gump method of soundtracking, My Chemical Romance will be the lone post-Reagan artists appearing on the soundtrack. That didn't prevent Snyder from putting the Smashing Pumpkins in the trailer, however.
My Chemical Romance to Cover Bob Dylan for "Watchmen" End Credits
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Suge Knight Sought by Police in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases