We know My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way likes comics. Luckily for Way, the director of Watchmen — the movie based on the Holy Grail of graphic novels — is a fan of My Chemical Romance. And everyone likes Bob Dylan. Thus, director Zack Snyder has recruited MCR to cover a Bob Dylan song for next year's Watchmen. The song will likely play over the end credits, with Snyder telling MTV "[MCR will perform] like a cover of 'Desolation Row,' or something like that." Earlier reports had MCR covering Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower." As the film takes place in the decades prior to 1985 and is adhering to the Forrest Gump method of soundtracking, My Chemical Romance will be the lone post-Reagan artists appearing on the soundtrack. That didn't prevent Snyder from putting the Smashing Pumpkins in the trailer, however.
My Chemical Romance to Cover Bob Dylan for "Watchmen" End Credits
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldTop 10 Greatest Rock and Roll Song Endings of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- 20 Terrible Debut Albums by Great Artists
- Watch Jennifer Lopez's Dance to Nicki Minaj, the Weeknd in 2015 AMAs Opener
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Watch Adele Croon New Song, Cackle on 'Jimmy Fallon'