Earlier today the Black Keys got their MTV Video Music Award statue in the mail — and discovered that MTV had mislabeled it as belonging to the Black Eyed Peas. "This isn't the first time they have fucked up our shit with the Black Eyed Peas," drummer Patrick Carney tells Rolling Stone. "In 2003 they played our video for 'Set you Free' on TRL labeled as the Black Eyed Peas. It's fitting for us that when we win our first award it's mislabeled. Hopefully we win their Grammy as well one day! We actually don't give a shit about this, though. It's funny."
MTV Confuses Black Keys With 'Black Eyed Peas' on VMA Award
'It's fitting for us that when we win our first award it's mislabeled,' says drummer Patrick Carney
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Flea: Why I Support Bernie Sanders
- Watch Martin Scorsese Impersonate Robert De Niro on 'Fallon'
- 25 Most Anticipated TV Shows of 2016
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- The Monkees Plot 50th Anniversary Tour, New LP 'Good Times!'
- Queen's 'Innuendo': Remembering Freddie Mercury's Last Masterpiece
- 25 Best Coen Brother Characters
- In Defense of the CD