Earlier today the Black Keys got their MTV Video Music Award statue in the mail — and discovered that MTV had mislabeled it as belonging to the Black Eyed Peas. "This isn't the first time they have fucked up our shit with the Black Eyed Peas," drummer Patrick Carney tells Rolling Stone. "In 2003 they played our video for 'Set you Free' on TRL labeled as the Black Eyed Peas. It's fitting for us that when we win our first award it's mislabeled. Hopefully we win their Grammy as well one day! We actually don't give a shit about this, though. It's funny."
MTV Confuses Black Keys With 'Black Eyed Peas' on VMA Award
'It's fitting for us that when we win our first award it's mislabeled,' says drummer Patrick Carney
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Watch Kendrick Lamar Celebrate Compton in 'King Kunta' Video
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Scott Weiland's Guitarist Jeremy Brown Dead at 34
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Avril Lavigne Was 'Bedridden' Following Battle With Lyme Disease