Earlier today the Black Keys got their MTV Video Music Award statue in the mail — and discovered that MTV had mislabeled it as belonging to the Black Eyed Peas. "This isn't the first time they have fucked up our shit with the Black Eyed Peas," drummer Patrick Carney tells Rolling Stone. "In 2003 they played our video for 'Set you Free' on TRL labeled as the Black Eyed Peas. It's fitting for us that when we win our first award it's mislabeled. Hopefully we win their Grammy as well one day! We actually don't give a shit about this, though. It's funny."
MTV Confuses Black Keys With 'Black Eyed Peas' on VMA Award
'It's fitting for us that when we win our first award it's mislabeled,' says drummer Patrick Carney
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- 5 Reasons Why Neil Young's Current Tour Is One of His Best in Decades
- 10 Things We Learned From Elvis Costello's Brilliant New Memoir
- The Billion View Club: YouTube's 10 Most Watched Videos
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- 50 Greatest Hair Metal Albums of All Time
- Inside Motley Crue's Live Excess: From Roller Coaster Drums to Fire-Spitting Bass