With the release of Rock Band 2 quickly approaching, MTV and reality television producer Mark Burnett are banking that there's a TV audience interested in watching bands faux-rock out on a competition show. According to a job posting on Craigslist, Burnett and MTV (whose gaming division produces Rock Band) are seeking "four people to form their own band and show us their stuff live on stage for the chance to win the Ultimate Rock Band Experience." No other details of the show were revealed, but figure it'll be like America's Best Dance Crew but with plastic instruments and karaoke. Actual musical experience isn't required, but contestants must be at least 18 years old, reside in the Southern California area and be "prepared to rock."
MTV and Mark Burnett Casting "Rock Band" Competition Show
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes in Movie History
Salon10 Songs With Hidden Drug References
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Mental Floss15 Things You Didn’t Know About 'The Godfather'
- 100 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs
- Motley Crue's Tommy Lee: The Exit Interview
- See Radiohead Play 'Creep' Live For First Time in Seven Years
- Watch Jennifer Lawrence, John Oliver Play True Confessions With Jimmy Fallon
- Paul McCartney: 'I Was Depressed' After Beatles Split
- 'Uncharted 4' Director Neil Druckmann on Nathan Drake, Sexism in Games
- R.I.P., GOP: How Trump Is Killing the Republican Party
- Summer 2016's 30 Hottest Tours