With the release of Rock Band 2 quickly approaching, MTV and reality television producer Mark Burnett are banking that there's a TV audience interested in watching bands faux-rock out on a competition show. According to a job posting on Craigslist, Burnett and MTV (whose gaming division produces Rock Band) are seeking "four people to form their own band and show us their stuff live on stage for the chance to win the Ultimate Rock Band Experience." No other details of the show were revealed, but figure it'll be like America's Best Dance Crew but with plastic instruments and karaoke. Actual musical experience isn't required, but contestants must be at least 18 years old, reside in the Southern California area and be "prepared to rock."
MTV and Mark Burnett Casting "Rock Band" Competition Show
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss5 Movies That Got Their Filmmakers Arrested
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
- Mayor Bill de Blasio's Crusade
- David Letterman's Top 10 Musical Moments
- Watch Willie Nelson Talk Songwriting Legacy, Indestructible Guitars on 'Daily Show'
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 'Deflategate' Report: Patriots Personnel Probably Tampered With Game Balls
- David Letterman Says Goodbye: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- Watch Career-Spanning Trailer for Bob Weir Doc 'The Other One'