Learning, the debut album by Mike Hadreas, a.k.a. Perfume Genius, was filled with personal dirges, including an eponymous song about smoking weed with a high school educator named Mr. Peterson, who later committed suicide. "It is about a teacher I had in freshman year," Hadreas said. "I hadn't thought about what went down for a while. I hadn't thought about a f---ing actual thing in a while. But I got flooded, that song came out." Despite extracting from his real-life experiences, Hadreas said, "to word-by-word take everything literally, I'd suppose would be a mistake."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Men's JournalThe Controversial True Story Behind 'American Sniper'
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Mic12 Stunning Photos Offer a Rare Look Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- U2's Last Word on 'Innocence' iTunes Release
- Kanye West: 'Meeting Paul McCartney Was Like Meeting Ralph Lauren'
- Marijuana Officially Legal in Washington, D.C. (For Now)
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Watch Christina Aguilera Imitate Britney Spears, Shakira on ‘Jimmy Fallon’
- Robin Williams' Daughter: 'There’s No Point Questioning' Suicide
- Aerosmith Talk 45 Years of 'Kicking Ass' Onstage