In the early Nineties, more than a few metal bands picked up acoustic guitars and scored breakthrough hits, including Mr. Big ("To Be With You") and Saigon Kick ("Love is on the Way"). But the first in line was Extreme, with "More Than Words." Having a huge smash with "Words" had a downside, according to Extreme vocalist Gary Cherone. "This song has been a blessing and a curse over the years for Extreme," he said. "The band resented this song for a while because it was the one and sometimes only song people knew from us. We learned to embrace it, though; now it’s a special song to us."
More Than Words
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
SalonHere Is the Average Penis Length According to Science
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cinema BlendThe Top 10 Steamiest Movie Sex Scenes of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
- Go Ahead and Call Bill O'Reilly What He Is: A Pathological Liar
- Hall and Oates Suing Granola Company Over 'Haulin' Oats'
- McDonald's Responds to Indie-Pop Duo's Viral Complaint
- Grateful Dead Members, More Booked for Jerry Garcia Tribute Show
- Paul McCartney Revives 1969 Track for Johnny Depp Supergroup
- Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent Reveal Shady History in New Doc
- Flashback: Pearl Jam Play Intense 'Black' on 'MTV Unplugged'
- DJ AM Doc, Schwarzenegger Zombie Movie Lead Tribeca Lineup