While the music industry struggles to sell CDs, Microsoft revealed yesterday that gamers purchase around 3.8 million Guitar Hero and Rock Band downloads per month via their XBox Live network. Between all versions of the two titles, the pair have sold around 45 million song downloads at a typical price of $1.99 each. Since the 360-exclusive release of Rock Band 2 in mid-September, the game has thus far sold 363,000 copies. RB2 was finally released for PlayStation 3 this past weekend, while the Wii release arrives in December. Meanwhile, Guitar Hero: World Tour, complete with drums and microphone add-ons to compete with Rock Band, hits stores this Sunday.
Microsoft Says "Rock Band," "Guitar Hero" Average 3.8 Million Downloads Per Month
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- 12 Donald Trump Tweets From the Democratic Debate
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- 50 Greatest Hair Metal Albums of All Time
- The Billion View Club: YouTube's 10 Most Watched Videos
- 5 Reasons Why Neil Young's Current Tour Is One of His Best in Decades
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time