While the music industry struggles to sell CDs, Microsoft revealed yesterday that gamers purchase around 3.8 million Guitar Hero and Rock Band downloads per month via their XBox Live network. Between all versions of the two titles, the pair have sold around 45 million song downloads at a typical price of $1.99 each. Since the 360-exclusive release of Rock Band 2 in mid-September, the game has thus far sold 363,000 copies. RB2 was finally released for PlayStation 3 this past weekend, while the Wii release arrives in December. Meanwhile, Guitar Hero: World Tour, complete with drums and microphone add-ons to compete with Rock Band, hits stores this Sunday.
Microsoft Says "Rock Band," "Guitar Hero" Average 3.8 Million Downloads Per Month
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best Van Halen Album?
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- Watch George Lucas Mock Fox News on 'The Daily Show'
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers