While the music industry struggles to sell CDs, Microsoft revealed yesterday that gamers purchase around 3.8 million Guitar Hero and Rock Band downloads per month via their XBox Live network. Between all versions of the two titles, the pair have sold around 45 million song downloads at a typical price of $1.99 each. Since the 360-exclusive release of Rock Band 2 in mid-September, the game has thus far sold 363,000 copies. RB2 was finally released for PlayStation 3 this past weekend, while the Wii release arrives in December. Meanwhile, Guitar Hero: World Tour, complete with drums and microphone add-ons to compete with Rock Band, hits stores this Sunday.
Microsoft Says "Rock Band," "Guitar Hero" Average 3.8 Million Downloads Per Month
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- In Defense of the CD
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time