While the music industry struggles to sell CDs, Microsoft revealed yesterday that gamers purchase around 3.8 million Guitar Hero and Rock Band downloads per month via their XBox Live network. Between all versions of the two titles, the pair have sold around 45 million song downloads at a typical price of $1.99 each. Since the 360-exclusive release of Rock Band 2 in mid-September, the game has thus far sold 363,000 copies. RB2 was finally released for PlayStation 3 this past weekend, while the Wii release arrives in December. Meanwhile, Guitar Hero: World Tour, complete with drums and microphone add-ons to compete with Rock Band, hits stores this Sunday.
Microsoft Says "Rock Band," "Guitar Hero" Average 3.8 Million Downloads Per Month
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- 'It's Come Back to Haunt Them': Flag Historian on the Confederate Flag
- The Grateful Dead Say Farewell: The View From the Bowl
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- Grateful Dead's Goodbye, Night Two: Chemistry Lost, Cash-Grabs Abound