Bonnaroo is less than a month away, so we checked in with Metallica's Lars Ulrich and Pearl Jam's Mike McCready to see what's in store for their performances. Although they're working on a new record with producer Brendan O'Brien, Pearl Jam probably won't be unveiling any new tunes. "[The record] is in the infant stages," McCready said during a phone-in press conference. "It has to grow up a bit. We'll [play] some obscure B-sides. We might get into some sort of jam. That's the vibe of Bonnaroo so far." Metallica, on the other hand, are in the "nips and tucks" stages of finishing their new record, which will hit stores in September (for more on the band's LP, click here). Lars Ulrich thinks that unlike the benefit they played last night in L.A., they'll definitely unleash some new metal epics, many of which extend to seven- or eight-minutes long. "We're going to Europe next week and then we come to Bonnaroo," he said. "Hopefully there'll be some new stuff thrown in there. I'd say that's pretty likely." So what do the new songs sound like? Says Ulrich, "There's alot of hardcore, nutty, super-fast speed stuff. It's a little more like the earlier records."
Metallica's Ulrich & Pearl Jam's McCready Lay Out Bonnaroo 2008 Plans
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Avril Lavigne Was 'Bedridden' Following Battle With Lyme Disease
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- Watch the Intense, Violent New 'Straight Outta Compton' Trailer
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale