Metallica are hard at work on their next album with producer Rick Rubin, and at least one person outside the band has heard the songs: Velvet Revolver drummer Matt Sorum. We'll let him take it from here: "Lars is a good friend of mine. He played me the demos from San Francisco, and I turned and looked at him and I said, 'Master that shit and put it out.' It's ridiculous. The demos were sick. Eight-minute songs, all these tempo changes, crazy fast. It's like, 'Dude, don't get slower when you get older, but don't get faster!? How are you gonna play this live?' And then me and Lars were out partying all night, and he had to go in the studio the next day and do this stupid like nine or ten minute song, and I was laughing at him -- because he played me the demo of it, and it was [sings really fast drum part], so fast. I called him, and said, 'Dude, how are you feeling?' He was like, 'Dude, I'm hurting.' They're cutting everything to tape, no fuckin' Pro Tools — live, no clicks. Bitchin'. I dig it. I'm really excited for them."
Metallica's New Album: "Ridiculous," "Sick," "Bitchin'" Says Matt Sorum
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Apple Music: Everything You Need to Know
- 22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Rush
- 25 Best Songs of 2015 So Far
- What's Killing the Babies of Vernal, Utah?
- Trent Reznor on Apple Music: Other Services 'Left Me Feeling Lacking'
- Hating Seth MacFarlane: A Timeline
- Dave Grohl Felt 'Terrified' Watching 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch Puff Daddy Throw Bad Boy Reunion at BET Awards