Metallica's thrashing riffs and spiraling guitar solos will soon be honored with their own incarnation of the Guitar Hero franchise, according Gamespot. The Metallica-only edition of the popular video game is said to be due out early in 2009 on various consoles. The San Francisco headbangers will join the ranks of Aerosmith as bands that have Guitar Hero editions dedicated to them. No word yet on which songs will be featured and whether or not other bands' songs will be included (as is the case on the Aerosmith version), but virtual shredders are already familiar with the band, as "One" appeared on Guitar Hero III and several tunes (including "Enter Sandman") are available on competitor title Rock Band.
Metallica to Receive "Guitar Hero" Treatment in 2009
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Baffling First Drafts Of Famous Movies
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
Diffuser11 Pop Songs Written by Rock Musicians
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- Hear Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' Sung in 20 Different Styles
- The Grateful Dead Say Farewell: The View From the Bowl
- 'It's Come Back to Haunt Them': Flag Historian on the Confederate Flag