"Roxanne" was the band's first bona fide hit, and Sting wondered if he could top it, which is where the genesis for the Police's second big hit came from. "Then I wrote 'Message in a Bottle,' which was better than 'Roxanne'," the Police frontman said. Sting admitted he developed the lyrics around the title. "I don't write the first line of a song. It's a mistake. Then you have to come up with a second. I had this 'Message in a Bottle.' What's 'Message in a Bottle' about? It's usually about some guy with ragged trousers and a beard on a desert island."
Message in a Bottle
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Hear AWOLNATION's Rapturous New Song 'Windows'