John Mellencamp has revealed the details of this year's Farm Aid concert, to be held September 20th at the Comcast Center in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Mellencamp will be joined by co-headliners Neil Young, Dave Matthews and Willie Nelson, with more top artists to be announced soon. This year also marks the first time in the event's history that the concert will take place in the New England area. "New England was built on the strength of independent family farmers," said Mellencamp. "We can honor that independent spirit by joining Farm Aid to grow the movement that is changing the way all of America eats." As in years past, the concert will "feature family-farm identified, local and organic foods at concessions, setting an example of the many ways that family farm food can be integrated into the general marketplace." Since its creation in 1985, Farm Aid has helped raise over $30 million for programs that support farmers, expand the Good Food Movement and promote food from family farms. Tickets for this year's Farm Aid, which is presented by Whole Foods Market and Horizon Organic, go on sale July 28th via Ticketmaster.
Mellencamp, Young and Matthews Bring Farm Aid to New England
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- Watch the Tanner Family Reunite in First 'Fuller House' Trailer
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy