John Mellencamp has revealed the details of this year's Farm Aid concert, to be held September 20th at the Comcast Center in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Mellencamp will be joined by co-headliners Neil Young, Dave Matthews and Willie Nelson, with more top artists to be announced soon. This year also marks the first time in the event's history that the concert will take place in the New England area. "New England was built on the strength of independent family farmers," said Mellencamp. "We can honor that independent spirit by joining Farm Aid to grow the movement that is changing the way all of America eats." As in years past, the concert will "feature family-farm identified, local and organic foods at concessions, setting an example of the many ways that family farm food can be integrated into the general marketplace." Since its creation in 1985, Farm Aid has helped raise over $30 million for programs that support farmers, expand the Good Food Movement and promote food from family farms. Tickets for this year's Farm Aid, which is presented by Whole Foods Market and Horizon Organic, go on sale July 28th via Ticketmaster.
Mellencamp, Young and Matthews Bring Farm Aid to New England
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else