John Mellencamp has revealed the details of this year's Farm Aid concert, to be held September 20th at the Comcast Center in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Mellencamp will be joined by co-headliners Neil Young, Dave Matthews and Willie Nelson, with more top artists to be announced soon. This year also marks the first time in the event's history that the concert will take place in the New England area. "New England was built on the strength of independent family farmers," said Mellencamp. "We can honor that independent spirit by joining Farm Aid to grow the movement that is changing the way all of America eats." As in years past, the concert will "feature family-farm identified, local and organic foods at concessions, setting an example of the many ways that family farm food can be integrated into the general marketplace." Since its creation in 1985, Farm Aid has helped raise over $30 million for programs that support farmers, expand the Good Food Movement and promote food from family farms. Tickets for this year's Farm Aid, which is presented by Whole Foods Market and Horizon Organic, go on sale July 28th via Ticketmaster.
Mellencamp, Young and Matthews Bring Farm Aid to New England
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Recap: Winter Is Here
- John Oliver on Brexit Fallout: 'United Kingdom' Now Sounds 'Sarcastic'
- See Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar Baptize BET Awards With 'Freedom'
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- Hear DJ Khaled, Jay Z, Future's New Hard-Hitting Song 'I Got the Keys'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video