"The Times They Are A-Changin'," or at least John Mellencamp hopes. With the main theme of this upcoming election being "change," Mellencamp has recorded a cover version of Bob Dylan's famed "battle-cry for a generation." Mellencamp's version, recorded in stark black and white with Cougar performing solo on acoustic guitar, can be exclusively viewed now on his website. And as Mellencamp has made pretty clear in the past, he hopes the change comes from Obama and not McCain. Mellencamp has covered Dylan's songs many times in the past, from performances of "Farewell Angelina" to "All Along the Watchtower" to "Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat," but none of the covers thus far carry the political weight and "relevant ideals of the past" of his rendition of "Times."
Mellencamp Covers Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin'"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss5 Movies That Got Their Filmmakers Arrested
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Mayor Bill de Blasio's Crusade
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- David Letterman Says Goodbye: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- Lucasfilm: New 'Indiana Jones' Film in the Works
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit