Melissa Etheridge has spoken out against Prop 8, which would eliminate same sex marriages in California. "Prop 8 is a blatantly hateful, and fearful proposition that I believe the great citizens of California can see through," Etheridge writes. "The proponents of it have run the most fearful of television ads telling the people that if this doesn't pass they will have to teach about homos to small grade school children. I can't seem to recall any relationships ever being taught in school and I can't find anything about that in this proposition." Etheridge also writes about the often-tumultuous history same-sex marriages have faced in the state of California, as well as her struggle to adopt children. After the state initially voted against same sex marriages with Proposition 22 back in 2000, the California Supreme Court changed course and announced same sex marriages were legal. Prop 8 looks to nullify that decision. Etheridge, who married actress Tammy Lynn Michaels in 2003, says "I will be waking up with my children on November 5th and I will be fixing them breakfast as I usually do. I look forward to telling them that prop 8 was defeated. I am sure my son will say, 'Good, that was lame.'"
Melissa Etheridge Blasts California's Prop 8 as "Blatantly Hateful"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Hear AWOLNATION's Rapturous New Song 'Windows'