With Chinese Democracy fever sweeping across the country, Axl Rose's old Guns N' Roses bandmate Duff McKagan has commented on the album's self-titled single. "I just heard the single, 'Chinese Democracy', and I heard it at the gym when I was working out. It wasn't like I sat down in a quiet room and listened to it and analyzed it. And I probably wouldn't. I think [Axl's] a really talented guy and I shared a big part of my life with him, but that was a long time ago for me," McKagan said. "I've been asked more about this record, starting about 8-9 years ago, and I probably know the least about the record." Also not swept up in the whole Chinese Democracy fervor: China. According to reports, G'N'R fans in China have blocked from the album's official website and can't use their search engines to find "Chinese Democracy." Whether this countrywide firewall of the terms "Chinese Democracy" predates the album is unclear, but the band's MySpace page with its full album stream is still accessible. "This is the first time we've heard about it," a Ministry of Culture spokeswoman said regarding a possible ban. "I don't know if they're banned or not. It might be a rumor."
McKagan Talks "Chinese Democracy," China Tosses Up a Ban
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- The Children of ISIS
- Jason Beghe: The TV Tough Guy Who Took on Scientology
- Inside Scientology
- Jay Z, Kanye, Rihanna Throw Support Behind Streaming Service Tidal
- Reba at 60: The Country Queen's Iconic Career in Photos
- Why Hiring Trevor Noah to Host 'The Daily Show' Is a Great Idea
- Why Trevor Noah Is a Great Choice to Host 'The Daily Show'