Mary J. Blige stopped by the Rolling Stone offices just before her eighth studio album, Growing Pains, made its splashy debut on the charts this past week to chat about one of the big topics she tackles on the LP: the pleasure and pain of personal growth. The Queen of Hip-Hop Soul also gushed about her "oh my goodness" moment at last year's Oscars, discussed the inspiration behind relationship-gone-wrong track "Nowhere Fast" ("It's not a Mary J. Blige story") and mused on how her Apple ad will impact her career. Click above to watch the interview.
Mary J. Blige Speaks Out on "Growing Pains," Her Big "Breakthrough" Year
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best Van Halen Album?
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music