Mary J. Blige stopped by the Rolling Stone offices just before her eighth studio album, Growing Pains, made its splashy debut on the charts this past week to chat about one of the big topics she tackles on the LP: the pleasure and pain of personal growth. The Queen of Hip-Hop Soul also gushed about her "oh my goodness" moment at last year's Oscars, discussed the inspiration behind relationship-gone-wrong track "Nowhere Fast" ("It's not a Mary J. Blige story") and mused on how her Apple ad will impact her career. Click above to watch the interview.
Mary J. Blige Speaks Out on "Growing Pains," Her Big "Breakthrough" Year
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Joan Jett: Built to Rock
- Paul McCartney Plans First U.S. Arena Date of 2015