Despite causing plenty of controversy, Madonna's MDNA tour was the top-grossing tour in 2012, according to Billboard. The singer sold out each of her 72 tour dates since November 2011, and pulled in a total of $228.4 million. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band came in second, selling out 54 of 72 shows and earning $199.37 million. Springsteen, however, tallied 2.1 million in total attendance, about 500,000 more than Madonna's total. Roger Waters of Pink Floyd was next, making $186.46 million by selling out 51 of his 72 shows re-creating The Wall, and Cirque Du Soleil's Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour followed with $147.3 million in total gross over 183 shows. Coldplay rounded out the top five with $147.1 million and 56 sell outs in 67 shows.
Madonna Tops List of Highest-Earning Tours of 2012
Bruce Springsteen places second in annual tally
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- Miley Cyrus Brings Flaming Lips, 'Dead Petz' to 'SNL'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time