Despite causing plenty of controversy, Madonna's MDNA tour was the top-grossing tour in 2012, according to Billboard. The singer sold out each of her 72 tour dates since November 2011, and pulled in a total of $228.4 million. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band came in second, selling out 54 of 72 shows and earning $199.37 million. Springsteen, however, tallied 2.1 million in total attendance, about 500,000 more than Madonna's total. Roger Waters of Pink Floyd was next, making $186.46 million by selling out 51 of his 72 shows re-creating The Wall, and Cirque Du Soleil's Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour followed with $147.3 million in total gross over 183 shows. Coldplay rounded out the top five with $147.1 million and 56 sell outs in 67 shows.
Madonna Tops List of Highest-Earning Tours of 2012
Bruce Springsteen places second in annual tally
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies
- NBA Free Agency: How the Spurs Swung LaMarcus Aldridge
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time