Despite causing plenty of controversy, Madonna's MDNA tour was the top-grossing tour in 2012, according to Billboard. The singer sold out each of her 72 tour dates since November 2011, and pulled in a total of $228.4 million. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band came in second, selling out 54 of 72 shows and earning $199.37 million. Springsteen, however, tallied 2.1 million in total attendance, about 500,000 more than Madonna's total. Roger Waters of Pink Floyd was next, making $186.46 million by selling out 51 of his 72 shows re-creating The Wall, and Cirque Du Soleil's Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour followed with $147.3 million in total gross over 183 shows. Coldplay rounded out the top five with $147.1 million and 56 sell outs in 67 shows.
Madonna Tops List of Highest-Earning Tours of 2012
Bruce Springsteen places second in annual tally
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- The Children of ISIS
- Jason Beghe: The TV Tough Guy Who Took on Scientology
- Jay Z, Kanye, Rihanna Throw Support Behind Streaming Service Tidal
- Inside Scientology
- Reba at 60: The Country Queen's Iconic Career in Photos
- Why Hiring Trevor Noah to Host 'The Daily Show' Is a Great Idea
- Why Trevor Noah Is a Great Choice to Host 'The Daily Show'