Madonna has signed a three-album deal with Interscope in which she will earn a base of $1 million per record. The pop star's pact with Interscope and the Universal Music Group will work in tandem with her 10-year multi-rights "360" deal with Live Nation, the promoter of her top-grossing Sticky and Sweet tour in 2008. Madonna signed that deal in 2007, and the promoting giant had always intended to partner with a label to release new music.
Madonna's first album for Interscope, expected to arrive sometime in 2012, will be the star's first record for a company other than Warner Bros., her label of 25 years.
• Madonna to Perform at Super Bowl Halftime
• Madonna: Super Bowl Plans, New Single?
• Madonna's Daughter Shares Fashion Tips Upon Launch of Her Makeup Line
• Madonna and Lourdes Search for the Ultimate Material Girl
• Madonna Reinvents Herself
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
MUSIC 9 Classic Devo Videos
OLYMPICS 18 Epic Opening Ceremonies
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus