It's pretty obvious who Madonna will vote for in this coming election. At her Sticky & Sweet tour opening show in Wales, during the "Get Stupid" portion of Hard Candy's "Give It 2 Me," Madonna used the video screens to lump together footage of Republican presidential candidate John McCain with photos of Adolf Hitler, Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe and images of global warming destruction. In case you thought maybe Madonna was considering a Green Party vote, the next segment cast Barack Obama in a montage of images that included John Lennon, Gandhi and Al Gore. McCain's spokesperson Tucker Bounds was not too pleased with the associations, saying "The comparisons are outrageous, unacceptable and crudely divisive all at the same time. It clearly shows that when it comes to supporting Barack Obama, his fellow worldwide celebrities refuse to consider any smear or attack off limits." It's not a Madonna tour unless there's some kind of controversy in tow, as the Material Girl faced outcry after elaborately performing on a crucifix last time around.
Madonna Likens McCain to Hitler At First "Sticky" Tour Stop
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes in Movie History
Salon10 Songs With Hidden Drug References
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Mental Floss15 Things You Didn’t Know About 'The Godfather'
- 100 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs
- 'Uncharted 4' Director Neil Druckmann on Nathan Drake, Sexism in Games
- Motley Crue's Tommy Lee: The Exit Interview
- See Radiohead Play 'Creep' Live For First Time in Seven Years
- R.I.P., GOP: How Trump Is Killing the Republican Party
- Paul McCartney: 'I Was Depressed' After Beatles Split
- See Blake Shelton Sing Bitter 'She's Got a Way With Words' on 'Ellen'
- 10 Best 'Saturday Night Live' Sketches From Season 41