Radio and club DJ K-Swift, who passed away earlier this year in a swimming pool accident, tirelessly championed her hometown's bombastic brand of hip-hop/dance music known as Baltimore club. Swift's longtime record label, Unruly Records, will release a tribute album, K-Swift's Greatest Hits, on December 23rd, which will show just how far the DJ's evangelistic fervor spread. "I'm a big fan of Baltimore club music and the movement that Unruly Records has established," says Sri Lankan MC M.I.A., who hosts the 36-track compilation. M.I.A., who has been taking time away from music since announcing her pregnancy in October, agreed to host the disc out of her appreciation for Swift, who is among the only female DJs to host a Number One rated radio show and a nationally syndicated mixtape show. On the day of the album's release, BET's The Deal will host a tribute to Swift.
M.I.A. Breaks Hiatus to Pay Tribute to K-Swift
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Justin Bieber Threatens to Sue Over Nude Photos
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Meet the Right-Wing Rebels Who Overthrew John Boehner
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'