Earlier this week Rock Daily celebrated the resiliency of the album, noting how Slint, Sonic Youth and Wu-Tang's GZA are playing full albums live this summer. Now comes word that alt-country poetess Lucinda Williams will perform five of her eight studio albums, one night at a time, from start to finish in the fall. Williams will take over Los Angeles' El Rey Theater September 5-6 and 8-10, then head to New York to play September 29-30 at the Fillmore at Irving Plaza and October 2-4 at Town Hall. On the first night of each run, Williams will perform the entirety of her 2003 record World Without Tears. Each subsequent night will feature one of the following albums: 1998's Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, 2001's Essence, 1990's Sweet Old World and 1988's Lucinda Williams. The singer-songwriter plans to follow each full-album performance with a separate, more free-form set.
Lucinda Williams To Perform Full Albums During Mini-Tour
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Tom DeLonge Leaves Blink-182
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Sam Smith on Tom Petty Settlement: 'Similarities' But 'Complete Coincidence'
- Sundance 2015: Intimate 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' Doc Stuns at Premiere
- Hear Dave Grohl's 'Favorite New Drummer' on Sumac's Raging 'Blight's End Angel'
- James Franco Talks 'Resentment,' 'Weird Expectations' for 'The Interview'
- WWE 'Royal Rumble' Recap: The Philadelphia Phuck You