Tomorrow sees the start of the annual three day Lollapalooza festival in Chicago's Grant Park. The organizers have put together a stellar lineup full of superstars. Stay tuned to both Rock Daily and Rock 'N' Roll Diary over the weekend for complete coverage of the festival from all angles, from the live sets to the backstage shennanigans and the awesome afterparties. Click the jump for the five acts that promise to be the highlights of the weekend.
• Radiohead: Still one of the finest live bands around, Radiohead are the only headliner who don't have any sets counterprogrammed against them all weekend. Look for them to grind out an epic show.
• Nine Inch Nails: Trent Reznor is on a tear, and while the outdoor version of the show won't be as technically wondrous as the arena version, but based on his energetic set at Pemberton last weekend, this could steal the fest.
• Wilco: The hometown heroes always save something special whenever they're in their own neighborhood. Jeff Tweedy is also performing an afternoon set at the "Kidz" stage that should be pretty great.
• Kanye West: Kanye is another hometown favorite, and his festival performances tend to be less stuffy than when he tours by himself, so expect a party.
• Broken Social Scene: When they played this festival in 2006, they absolutely brought the house down, and there's no reason why they can't do it again. When this ensemble is on, nobody can touch them.
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
MUSIC 9 Classic Devo Videos
OLYMPICS 18 Epic Opening Ceremonies