After two years of watching live music while touring the world in support of her debut hit Lights, Ellie Goulding put together a very diverse playlist of songs she listened to constantly while making her new Halcyon album. The list of artists starts with the B's, as she puts it. "It's all the people beginning with B – Burial, Bjork, Bon Iver," she tells us. "Definitely Bjork is someone that I always have an affinity with, and not just the music, but her career and just the way she is. Burial's always been a huge influence on me." She saw Bon Iver at the Hammersmith Apollo, and the National is another band she discovered while at a festival in Ireland. Unable to keep the list to just a few artists, she graciously emailed Rolling Stone the wide range of songs that shaped Halcyon.
Listen to Ellie Goulding's Biggest Influences
The songs that helped shape 'Halcyon'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Are Divorcing
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality
- Best of Enemies: Jon Stewart's 10 Favorite 'Daily Show' Targets
- Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE Over 'Racial Tirade'
- Watch Ronda Rousey Knock Out Bethe Correia – In Claymation Form