After two years of watching live music while touring the world in support of her debut hit Lights, Ellie Goulding put together a very diverse playlist of songs she listened to constantly while making her new Halcyon album. The list of artists starts with the B's, as she puts it. "It's all the people beginning with B – Burial, Bjork, Bon Iver," she tells us. "Definitely Bjork is someone that I always have an affinity with, and not just the music, but her career and just the way she is. Burial's always been a huge influence on me." She saw Bon Iver at the Hammersmith Apollo, and the National is another band she discovered while at a festival in Ireland. Unable to keep the list to just a few artists, she graciously emailed Rolling Stone the wide range of songs that shaped Halcyon.
Listen to Ellie Goulding's Biggest Influences
The songs that helped shape 'Halcyon'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Mental Floss20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- The Real 'Dear Prudence' on Meeting Beatles in India
- Can We Talk? Joan Rivers' 10 Best Jokes
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- Dez Bryant: The Survivor
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Elton John Deep Cuts