As expected, Linkin Park dominated the Billboard charts, selling 623,000 copies of their new album Minutes to Midnight, which easily became the best-selling debut of 2007. Last week's champ Michael Buble fell to #3, where he just edged Wilco's new, Rob Sheffield-approved album Sky Blue Sky. Talking to RS this morning about Linkin Park's mammoth debut, Mike Shinoda said "Honestly, I've been staying extra-focused on this summer's Projekt Revolution Tour so I wouldn't think about the first week sales number! Whenever we create something new, there's always suspense before its release--at this point all I can say is a huge, humble 'thank-you.'" Despite the big week though, this week's total album sales were seven percent less than that of the same week last year.
Linkin Park Dominate Billboard Charts, Set New Record for 2007
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- In Defense of the CD
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time