Madonna’s first of many Number One singles epitomized what she stood for back then: being playful, sexy, bold. In 2009, the pop diva told Rolling Stone she found it “ironic and provocative, but also unlike me … I certainly wasn't a virgin, and, by the way, how can you be like a virgin? I liked the play on words." The song's lyrics had a charming birth. Coming off a difficult relationship, songwriter Billy Steinberg met someone else and was “feeling shiny and new,” he said. “I made it through the wilderness, somehow I made it through — I made it through this very difficult time."
Like a Virgin
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Jay Z's Tidal CEO Leaves Company Amid Staff 'Streamlining'