• Beyoncé won a copyright infringement case against Jennifer Armour, who claimed she had written B's hit "Baby Boy" and submitted it to Matthew Knowles.
• Bluesman Syl Johnson is suing Michael Jackson, Will Smith, KRS-One & Boogie Down Productions and the estate of Tupac Shakur, alleging that all the artists sampled his 1967 "Different Strokes" (not the TV theme).
• Suge Knight claims a Los Angeles judge was duped into filing a $130 million default ruling against him after a jailed drug dealer and his wife claimed false ownership in Death Row Records.
• In response to Ne-Yo's lawsuit alleging that he was fired from his joint tour with R. Kelly for "upstaging" the singer, Kelly's people responded that Ne-Yo is only suing the tour promoter, and not R.
• Chris Brown and his tour promoter are being sued by a concert set designer seeking $1 million for breach of contract and "unjust enrichment" for overtime wages he says he did not receive.
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
MUSIC 9 Classic Devo Videos
OLYMPICS 18 Epic Opening Ceremonies