• Beyoncé won a copyright infringement case against Jennifer Armour, who claimed she had written B's hit "Baby Boy" and submitted it to Matthew Knowles.
• Bluesman Syl Johnson is suing Michael Jackson, Will Smith, KRS-One & Boogie Down Productions and the estate of Tupac Shakur, alleging that all the artists sampled his 1967 "Different Strokes" (not the TV theme).
• Suge Knight claims a Los Angeles judge was duped into filing a $130 million default ruling against him after a jailed drug dealer and his wife claimed false ownership in Death Row Records.
• In response to Ne-Yo's lawsuit alleging that he was fired from his joint tour with R. Kelly for "upstaging" the singer, Kelly's people responded that Ne-Yo is only suing the tour promoter, and not R.
• Chris Brown and his tour promoter are being sued by a concert set designer seeking $1 million for breach of contract and "unjust enrichment" for overtime wages he says he did not receive.