Lauryn Hill has been all about the surprise appearances recently. There was her show at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz a month or so ago where she apparently performed her stuff in a totally revised Afro-jazz-meets-rap style. And now reports come in describing her appearance at Rock the Bells this weekend, where she came on right before the rabidly adored Wu-Tang Clan. Hill played classics like "Doo Wop (That Thing)," "Lost Ones" and the Fugees' "How Many Mics" but the reception she received was lukewarm at best. We personally would like her to ditch the duds, for a start. We get that she's anti-industry but there's never a good reason to combine sweatpants and sandals.
Lauryn Hill: Popping Up Everywhere
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily BeastThe Hottest Movies at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
MicWhy The Grammys Will Never Represent Real Music
MicThe Best Hip-Hop of 2014 Came From A Very Unlikely Place
Men's Journal10 Health Benefits of Being in a Relationship
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Divides Hollywood
- Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Rihanna Team Up for 'FourFiveSeconds'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Watch Korn and Slipknot Cover Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' in London
- Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore 'Mutually Decided to End Their Marriage'
- Cicada: Solving the Web's Deepest Mystery
- Noel Gallagher on Oasis Reunion: 'It Would Only Be for the Money'
- Flashback: Neil Young Covers 'Sweet Home Alabama' in 1977
- The Entrapment of Jesse Snodgrass