Lauryn Hill has been all about the surprise appearances recently. There was her show at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz a month or so ago where she apparently performed her stuff in a totally revised Afro-jazz-meets-rap style. And now reports come in describing her appearance at Rock the Bells this weekend, where she came on right before the rabidly adored Wu-Tang Clan. Hill played classics like "Doo Wop (That Thing)," "Lost Ones" and the Fugees' "How Many Mics" but the reception she received was lukewarm at best. We personally would like her to ditch the duds, for a start. We get that she's anti-industry but there's never a good reason to combine sweatpants and sandals.
Lauryn Hill: Popping Up Everywhere
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- Obama Takes on Climate Change: The Rolling Stone Interview
- Miley Cyrus Brings Flaming Lips, 'Dead Petz' to 'SNL'