Katy Perry made an appearance at the Occupy Wall Street protest in Manhattan on Saturday. The singer, who went to the site along with her husband, Russell Brand, and music mogul Russell Simmons, documented the visit and promoted the Occupy Wall Street live stream on her Twitter feed. The duo downplayed their flashy images for the occasion, bundling up and wearing sunglasses and beanie caps.
Brand had already visited the protest earlier in the week, and he published his thoughts on the movement on his website. Simmons, clearly a fan of the protest, previously brought Kanye West down to Zuccotti Park to take in the scene.
• Katy Perry Talks Body Image, Fame and Politics in Rolling Stone Cover Story
• The Complete Guide to Katy Perry's Music Videos
• Photos: A History of Pop Divas on the Cover of Rolling Stone
• Sex, God & Katy Perry: Rolling Stone's 2010 Cover Story
• Video: Katy Perry's First Rolling Stone Cover Shoot
• Photos: Katy Perry Strips Down For Rolling Stone
• Photos: Katy Perry's Best Looks
• Katy Perry's Katycats and Other Great Superfan Communities
• Photos: Katy Perry's Candy-Coated California Dreams Tour
• Live: Katy Perry Rocks a Sweet Tooth on California Dreams Tour
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
CULTURE Odd Future's 'GTAV' Party
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus