Katy Perry has been announced as the host of the December 10th episode of Saturday Night Live. The singer, who has spent the year racking up hit singles from her album Teenage Dream and touring around the world with her California Dreams tour, will be focusing entirely on comedy in the episode. Swedish pop star Robyn, who opened up for many of California Dreams' arena gigs, will be the episode's musical guest.
Perry has some previous experience in comedy. She starred in an episode of How I Met Your Mother earlier this year and provided the voice for the Smurfs animated feature. She's also married to British funnyman Russell Brand, who hosted the show back in February and is very likely to turn up in this episode.
• Katy Perry Talks Body Image, Fame and Politics in Rolling Stone Cover Story
• The Complete Guide to Katy Perry's Music Videos
• Photos: A History of Pop Divas on the Cover of Rolling Stone
• Sex, God & Katy Perry: Rolling Stone's 2010 Cover Story
• Video: Katy Perry's First Rolling Stone Cover Shoot
• Photos: Katy Perry Strips Down For Rolling Stone
• Photos: Katy Perry's Best Looks
• Katy Perry's Katycats and Other Great Superfan Communities
• Photos: Katy Perry's Candy-Coated California Dreams Tour
• Live: Katy Perry Rocks a Sweet Tooth on California Dreams Tour
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
POLITICS No Price Big Banks Can't Fix
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus