Kanye West premiered his new video for "Love Lockdown" today on Ellen. Like the three "Flashing Lights" videos before it, "Lockdown" makes for a strange viewing, with a despondent West loafing around depressed in a white room surrounded by a bunch of African tribes and 15-foot women covered in Day-Glo paint. That's essentially the plot. At the halfway mark, a spaceship inexplicably makes an appearance, but the highlight of the whole thing is at the 1:09 when the guy with the spear breaks through the aspect ratio for a too-brief 3D feel. Still, the weirdest part this whole thing is that West premiered this clip on Ellen DeGeneres' show — maybe we can look forward to premiere of the "Heartless" video on The View. Kanye isn't the only one not using MTV to premiere new videos this week, however, as Britney Spears will debut her "Womanizer" on 20/20 Friday while Weezer unveiled their "Troublemaker" video on Yahoo!
Kanye West Debuts "Love Lockdown" Video on "Ellen"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss5 Movies That Got Their Filmmakers Arrested
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
- David Letterman's Top 10 Musical Moments
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- The Thirteen Dumbest Band Names in Rock History
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Lucasfilm: New 'Indiana Jones' Film in the Works
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch Willie Nelson Talk Songwriting Legacy, Indestructible Guitars on 'Daily Show'
- Satanists Defending Abortion Rights? Meet 5 Conservatives Freaking Out About It