Kanye West premiered his new video for "Love Lockdown" today on Ellen. Like the three "Flashing Lights" videos before it, "Lockdown" makes for a strange viewing, with a despondent West loafing around depressed in a white room surrounded by a bunch of African tribes and 15-foot women covered in Day-Glo paint. That's essentially the plot. At the halfway mark, a spaceship inexplicably makes an appearance, but the highlight of the whole thing is at the 1:09 when the guy with the spear breaks through the aspect ratio for a too-brief 3D feel. Still, the weirdest part this whole thing is that West premiered this clip on Ellen DeGeneres' show — maybe we can look forward to premiere of the "Heartless" video on The View. Kanye isn't the only one not using MTV to premiere new videos this week, however, as Britney Spears will debut her "Womanizer" on 20/20 Friday while Weezer unveiled their "Troublemaker" video on Yahoo!
Kanye West Debuts "Love Lockdown" Video on "Ellen"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Wells Fargo's Master Spin Job
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- Meet the Right-Wing Rebels Who Overthrew John Boehner
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Vote for the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees