Last year, after given what he considered a second-rate slot by performing in a Palms' suite instead of the VMA stage, Kanye West pledged never to return to the MTV VMAs. It turns out West will perform at the VMAs again, as MTV announced today that both West and Christina Aguilera were added to the award show's performer roster. In the case of Aguilera, she'll perform her old-school hit "Genie In A Bottle" in honor of the show's 25th anniversary. The "Genie" will likely be the refurbished, rerecorded version of the song that will appear on Xtina's upcoming Target-only greatest hits. As for West, if rumors of the rapper releasing a new song this weekend are true, it's a safe bet that he'll perform the rumored new track "Love Lockdown." Kanye and Christina join Rihanna, Paramore, the Jonas Brothers, Pink, Kid Rock, T.I. and show opener Britney Spears. The Russell Brand-hosted ceremony, which we'll be live-blogging, airs this Sunday night.
Kanye West, Christina Aguilera Will Perform at VMAs
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- 100 Greatest Drummers of All Time
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- 5 Hilarious WTF Courtroom Moments
- The Beatles Make History With 'All You Need Is Love': A Minute-by-Minute Breakdown
- Getting Naked on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- Why Did an Ex-Amish Family Sell Their 14-Year-Old Daughter?