The gravestone of Joy Division's Ian Curtis has reportedly been stolen from the singer's burial spot at the Macclesfield Cemetery in the U.K. Detectives say the gravestone was snatched sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. "There is no CCTV in the area and there are no apparent leads as to who is responsible for the theft," a police spokesman said. The gravestone was inscribed with the words "Ian Curtis 18-5-80" and "Love Will Tear Us Apart," the title of Joy Division's biggest hit. Detectives are asking that anyone with information about the theft to contact them. Ian Curtis committed suicide in May 1980, right before the band was due to come to the U.S. for a tour.
Joy Division's Ian Curtis' Gravestone Stolen
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Mumford & Sons Talk Going Electric on New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- Hear Kanye West's Triumphant New 'All Day'
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- Jon Stewart Will Confront Seth Rollins on 'WWE Raw'
- Madonna Plots Rebel Heart Tour for North America, Europe
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Madonna to Kanye West: 'Don't Go to Awards Shows Looking for Justice'
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See