American Idol winner Jordin Sparks is about to accomplish something her retired football player father never did: Perform on the Super Bowl field. Sparks, whose dad Phillippi spent nine seasons wearing the New York Giants blue but never made it to the big game, will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" at Sunday's Super Bowl in Jordin's home turf of Glendale, Arizona. Alicia Keys has also been drafted to perform during the Super Bowl pre-game show, even though Keys admits "Even I, who might think the Mighty Ducks and Penguins are playing, love the Super Bowl." Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers headline the halftime show, while this year's batch of high-profile commercials will feature the likes of Madonna, Justin Timberlake and Missy Elliott.
Jordin Sparks To Sing National Anthem, Alicia Keys Joins Super Bowl Performance Roster
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- Ranking the Super Bowl 50 Movie Trailers
- Super Bowl 50 Commercials: The Best and Worst From the Big Game
- Daniel Bryan Retires: Saying Goodbye to WWE's Everyman Champion
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue